Do you know that gimlet cocktail is medicinal? It is widely used by seamen to prevent scurvy. The cause of this disease is as a result of the lack of vitamin C, which causes swollen and bleeding gums.
Many are not aware that this drink is tasty, although science has a solution to scurvy, the glass is still delightful to taste.
If you just heard about this drink, know that it as is prepared from a combination of gin (traditionally made), Lime Juice, and honey syrup.
It is straightforward to prepare, and you will enjoy it with sliced lime. The taste of the gimlet cocktail this season will be exciting, and this simple recipe will be of help.
Elements of Gimlet cocktail
Check the list of the ingredients for the proportion of the ingredients used for the preparation of this drink. Just with a few ingredients, a good cocktail is on your hand to enjoy.
- Gin: Any gin of your choice is suitable for this drink.
- Lime: Use lemon juice or fresh lime, specifically for a delightful cocktail. The uniqueness of this recipe is different from other methods.
- Honey Syrup: mix honey in water to dilute the honey. The water should be in the same proportion as the amount of honey.
- Ice: enjoy your cocktail chilled.
How To Make A Good Gimlet Cocktail:
Follow these easy steps, and you will give birth to an irresistible cocktail drink.
Mix all the ingredients in Boston cocktail shaker with enough ice for chilling the drink. Shake after covering and allow to chill.
Pour the drink in a glass cup with a sliced lime depending on choice.
Gimlet Recipe Modifications:
You can modify your Gimlet recipe with a combination of other things. Some prefer the use of vodka for the cocktail Gimlet. You can make your cocktail a unique from other recipes by adding basil herb to the honey syrup.
You can try substituting the gin with vodka, and the mixture will give a slightly different taste from the original cocktail.
If you desire extra flavour, feel free to add other ginger and some berries. You can also try dry citrus to make it classic.
Recent modification and innovation is the addition of cucumber that give birth to a trending cucumber Gimlet cocktail.
Gimlet Cocktail Recipe
The preparation time will not take more than five minutes. Simple and recipe. Yield serving two. There are many modifications of this recipe, and we advise the use of ingredients in their right and exact proportion. Drop us a comment if you love the combination.
- 1⁄2 cup of gin.
- Four tablespoons of lime juice.
- 2-4 tablespoons of honey syrup
- Slice lime (optional)
- Mix the gin, lime juice and Honey Syrup. All these three ingredients must be mix thoroughly. Shake to blend well.
- Serve in a glass cup and enjoy with a sliced lime depending on your choice.
You may also Like …..
cucumber Gimlet cocktail
This cucumber Gimlet cocktail is a healthy drink because of the addition of rosemary leaf, basil leaf and gin. This drink is a variation of the original Gimlet cocktail, and the taste is excellent, and you will feel the enjoyment.
The syrup used for this is different from the original Gimlet cocktail. There is no use of honey Syrup for this cucumber cocktail.
The cocktail syrup used is from heating a cup of sugar and a cup of water in a pot. Stir continuously till the sugar has melted. Allow the sugar to cool before mixing with other ingredients. You can use the fridge to preserve the leftover syrup for days.
HOW TO MAKE A CUCUMBER GIMLET
This drink is one of the most natural recipes in our recipe collections. The preparation time is less than ten minutes. A perfect drink for summer and thanksgiving day.
Pour the lime juice in the shaker and the cucumber slices. Add the ground rosemary leave and the basil leaves.
Pour the London gin and the syrup in the Boston cocktail shaker. Add some ice cubes and shake vigorously, and pour in a glass cup. Garnish and enjoy with a slice of cucumber on top of your glass cup.
Cucumber Gimlet Cocktail Recipe
Like the original Gimlet cocktail, the preparation time is five minutes. There is no cook time except the time used to prepare the syrup. The yield is one cocktail.
- 4thin slices cucumber
- Six fresh ground rosemary leaves
- 2 ounces London dry gin
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce syrup
- One tablespoon of ground basil
- Five cubes of ice
- Put the basil with the cucumber in the bottom of the shaker. Don’t forget to add the rosemary leaves. Add the syrup, London gin, and the lime juice.
- Shake until all the ingredients have blended. Pour in a glass cup with a garnish slice of cucumbers.
See Other recipe in our recipe Collection.