A sip of lemon juice during the hot summer is a very refreshing and cooling feeling. What can be more refreshing during summer than a cold lemon juice? The addition of fresh ripe lemon in water and a sweetener of your choice gives birth to Easy Lemon Juice. Some prefer to use sugar, coconut palm sugar, maple syrup or honey according to each person’s preference.
This easy lemon juice is prepared by cutting lemons and getting the juice out. Take this drink after refrigerating it for about an hour or keep in the refrigerator for days. Lemon juice will not stay for an extended period except the sugar is boiled to make a syrup. You can, however, skip this step.
You will prefer this lemon juice to the commercial drinks from grocery stores. Green coloured lemons tend to be very acidic compared to ripe lemons. To get a great taste from this drink, do not use hard or spoil lemon.
Benefits of Lemon Juice
The primary benefit of lemon is the vitamins and minerals found in it helps to promote the immune system. It also aids in digestion and an excellent remedy for weight loss. Lemon is also an antioxidant.
This drink is beneficial for cleaning, cooking as well as a drink. It is helpful to our health as it serves as a remedy for coughs and sore throats.
Lemon Juice and Eye Color
Lemon juice can make your eye colour brighter. However, it is not advisable to drop it into your eyes just drinking it over a period of time will help change the colour of the eye. What I advised is taking this drink for brightening of eye colour and also seek medical advice.
Lemon Juice and Germs
This liquid drink serves as an excellent antiseptic. The acid in it kills germs and bacteria. It is not widely used but a very good substitute when there are no disinfectants. It is a household alternative because it serves a sanitizer against germs and bacteria.
Other benefits of lemon juice: it is not only good for health it also serves as a skin lightener, metal cleaner and air freshener.
Easy Lemon Juice Recipe
This juice can stay preserved in the refrigerator for as long as five days. All you need to do when you need the drink is to bring it out of the fridge, pour a glass of it and stir it. Then you are good to go.
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Yield: serves 4
- 5 fresh ripe lemons
- 5 cups (1.18 l) of water
- 5 teaspoons of sugar
- Medium-sized bowl
- Juicer (optional)
- Air-tight container (optional)
1. To begin, cut your lemons vertically into two with your knife.
2. Using a manual juicer, squeeze the liquid out of the lemons by pushing the cut end of the lemon on the spike at the centre of the juicer. If you do not have a juicer, you can squeeze the juice into a bowl with your hand.
3. Remove the seeds by pouring the liquid into the strainer and strain the liquid onto the bowl.
4. Add water and sugar to the juice in bits to reduce its sour taste. It’s your choice to either use more or less sugar for the juice to suit your taste. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Your juice is ready. Serve chilled.
You May also like: